A Muslim community that is confident in practicing and sharing the teachings of their faith for the betterment of a diverse Canadian society.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
Our guiding principles create a judgment free environment where everyone can develop and contribute to the fullest of their potential.
- Islam: Our beliefs are the foundations of everything we do and should be carried with honour as we go through life.
- Speak in the “I”: This guiding principle encourages the individual to take responsibility and ownership upon his/her own ideas and opinions.
- Active listening: Encourages a focused discussion and facilitates the exchange of ideas.
- Responsible for your own learning: It is by engaging fully in discussions and taking risks that learning happens and that is the responsibility of each individual.
- Respect: Defines how we are expected to treat others, our environment and ourselves based on our innate sense of morality.
- Open minded: Calls upon the interpersonal intelligence that requires an open mind to opinions and ideas of other. Enable learning from multiple points of view.
To achieve our vision, we focus on empowering the youth by:
- EDUCATING them on their social responsibilities towards humanity
- Inspiring them to ACT on novel volunteering opportunities that benefit the Canadian society at large.
- Helping them develop a strong attachment to their IDENTITY as muslims in North American community
Facebook: Young Muslim Service