Dunia Melayu Dunia Islam (DMDI) was established in 2000 as a resolution of the 1st Dunia Melayu Dunia Islam convention, chaired by YB Senator Tan Sri Hj Mohd Ali Mohd Rustam acting as President of DMDI. It is an organization of the Melaka Government to promote unity and solidarity among the Malay-Muslim, and at the same time to promote cooperation in all aspects of development among the Malay-Muslim people with other nations in the world.
2. DMDI is the brainchild of Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam after seeing the importance of an effective mechanism to generate enthusiasm among Malay-Muslims around the world to excel in key development areas such as Economics, Information Technology and Education, for the sake of their well being and a frre them from poverty.
3. DMDI organizes annual conventions with varying themes. The aim is to bring together leaders and notables of the Malays and Islam all over the world to discuss various aspects, especially the socio-cultural, educational and economic well as to strengthen the networking amongs them.
4. DMDI is also responsible for coordinating the programs of meetings, seminars, workshops or conventions in different locations either within and outside the country as well as monitor the development programs of the Malay-Muslim community around the world.
DMDI Member States are:
- Timor Leste
- Bosnia Herzegovina
- United Kingdom
- Sri Lanka
- South Africa
1. Uniting the Malays-Muslims around the world;
2. Giving space to the leaders of the Malay and Islamic world to discuss mutual interests on all areas of life such as economy, education, culture, social, science and technology;
3. Running projects and programs that are appropriate and mutually beneficial;
4. Extend assistance to Malays-Muslims who are in need of financial help, expertise, and other services;
5. Resurrecting the majesty of the Malays-Muslims in the past to guide and motivate the future generations.
DMDI's vision is to generate enthusiasm among Malay-Muslims around the world to unite and to excel in key areas such as Economics, Socio-Cultural, Tourism, Culture, Religious, Science, Technology & Innovation, Youth and Education for the welfare of mankind.