Turkish Association of Canada (TAC) is a Not-for-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in April of 2014 in Ottawa, Canada
TAC was established in order to bring together individuals who are of Turkish or Turkic background, as well as those who are interested in the culture, language, and politics of the Republic of Turkey.
TAC aims to gather the community around social and cultural events;
- to build awareness of Turkish activities in the community
- to promote knowledge and represent the Turkish Community in Canada
- to organize other activities related to education, academics, and culture
- to collaborate and network with other partners/organizations within Canada and abroad
- to support and encourage Turkish/Turkic students in regards to accommodation and their academic well-being
- to contribute in skilled and sustainable ways to improve the performance and capacity of community organizations
- as well as to reach out to the Canadian Government and Non-Government Organizations for interchanging and collaborating in ideas and resources.
Ever since its foundation, Turkish Association of Canada (TAC) has been actively organizing events in order to carry out its mission, and to represent both Turkish-Canadian citizens as well as Canadians interested in Turkey.
TAC is interested in creating an effective platform between the people and the representatives of Canada, as well as the possibilities and the advantages that Turkey is able to offer.