Horn of Africa Development Assistance (HADA) was first founded in 2009 by concerned Canadians of Somali origin and was revitalized by Canadian youth after the experience of the 2011 droughts in East Africa and Famine in Somalia. In the Somali language, "HADA" translates to "NOW". HADA is committed to making change in the region "NOW", inspired by the slogan "Change is NOW!".
The Horn of Africa Development Assistance (HADA) is a Canadian based non-profit organization dedicated to tackling poverty, inequality through sustainable development projects and capacity building programs in Somalia. Working in partnership with local leaders and organizations in the Horn of Africa region, HADA invests in small scale, community driven projects that:
1. Are long term, sustainable development initiatives.
2. Emphasize community ownership of planning, and management.
3. Emphasize self-help and community participation.
4. Benefit and involve women, youth and those facing systemic or personal barriers.
5. Facilitate and provide a mechanism for active participation between the people of Canada and Horn of Africa.