We are a group of volunteers made of parents and community leaders who are eager to provide the highest quality education for children and adults of the community in a safe, healthy and ethnically diverse learning environment.
The Academy currently teaches Arabic for children and Adults, Islamic Social Studies, Quran Studies, Youth Leadership Development Courses, and a Youth Internship.
Recently, Horizon Academy has been approved by the Alberta Ministry of Education to deliver the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) locally developed course of Arabic Language and Culture 3Y for high school students. High School students from ALL quadrants of the city are eligible for these credit courses.
Acquiring Arabic language skills, basic principle of Islamic history, and leadership skills will enable our students to:
- Enhance their intellectual, personal and professional abilities.
- Develop self esteem and confidence to understand Islamic culture & promote the correct image of this culture in North America.
- Help our children participate positively in the mainstream community in North America taking into consideration the unique social & cultural dynamics of their heritage.
- Help the children take pride in the fact that they are Muslims to be better equipped to address the challenges they will face confidently.
- Stimulate the values of Contribution, Moderation, Realism, Tolerance, Openness, and the understanding of the text and its context.
- Produce model citizens who can contribute positively to the society and excel in their professional lives.
Facebook: Horizon Academy Institute