Join the Sakeenah Board of Directors
Every night, hundreds of Muslim women and children in Canada face homelessness, poverty, and trauma.
Sakeenah seeks to provide a safe space for growth and empowerment for all of them.
Sakeenah’s mission is to establish the largest network of sheltering projects which provide a safe a nurturing environment for Muslim women and children across the globe.
We are a safe, non-judgmental space where Muslim women and children are able to become self-sufficient and thrive.
We are an anti-racist, anti-oppressive, not-for-profit organization serving the diverse Muslim population.
We are looking to diversify our Board of Directors and is accepting applications on a rolling basis!
- Attend all board meetings
- Develop, implement, and monitor governance policies for the organization
- Keep up-to-date with knowledge of programs and work of Sakeenah
- Demonstrate commitment to Sakeenah’s organizational values
- Uphold confidentiality
- Adheres to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Performs other duties outlined by Sakeenah
- Commitment to women and children’s issues working within an anti-racism and Islamic framework
- Experience working in areas of poverty, violence, trauma, and homelessness
- Expertise in HR, accounting, or finance is an asset
- Non-judgmental outlook and a willingness to work with different types of people
- Patience, tolerance, and sensitivity
- Ability to mediate conflict
- Effective communication skills
- Dedication to team building
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities simultaneously with the ability to prioritize
- Fluency in written and spoken English is necessary
- Any additional languages are an asset
Please put “Board Member Application” in the subject line, along with your full name.