SMILE Canada Marketing and Communications Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs)
As this is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position, candidates must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations, and is between 18 and 30 years of age.
- Create communications materials that engage, inform and recognize donors
- Plan and develop communications and donor campaigns
- Assist with designing promotional products (including posters, brochures, and web
graphics) for SMILE Canada’s programs and events
- Assist with updating and developing educational and promotional materials for SMILE
various advocacy campaigns about disabilities.
- Develop and conduct outreach to recruit diverse community members to participate in
- Assist with creation of e-newsletters and direct email marketing
- Maintain, update, and enhance engagement with SMILE Canada’s website and social
media pages (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort brainstorming and contributing creative concepts
- Familiar with graphic design
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of marketing
This is a 30 hour a week position that will run for 9-weeks starting mid-June 2019.
Youth will be required to work at SMILE's local office in Mississauga, ON 2-3 times a week.
Remainder work hours will be Home Based.
Please Note: Selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview, background investigation, and criminal background check.