The Deadline to Nominate Your Heroes for the Muslim Awards of Excellence (MAX) is April 4Written by MAX Gala
Islamic history is full of examples of excellence in all fields – Astronomy, Medicine, Mathematics, Physics, Horticulture, Art, Philosophy, Law, Education and many others.
Such examples of excellence can still be found in today’s more globalized environment.
Muslim Awards of Excellence (MAX) aims to recognize, reward, celebrate & motivate high achievement, along with positive and productive contributions to society by Muslims in Canada. We use a robust nomination and application process to select our award recipients.
The objective of the six publicly nominated MAX Awards is to recognize Muslims who have demonstrated significant achievement, leadership, and commitment to serving their community.
The deadline to nominate is April 4, 2019.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 5, 2019 at MAX Gala 2019.
All qualified candidates will be judged based on a combination of merit and public voting. Independent judges are selected based on their work experience, level of education, and contributions to the Canadian community. Their evaluation will carry a weight of 75% while the remaining 25% weight will be assigned to public voting. Judge scores and public voting scores are consolidated to select a winner.
The MAX Awards open for public nominations are as follows:
Artist Of The Year
The Muslim Awards for Excellence Artist of the Year award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated significant achievement within the creative arts.
Charity Of The Year – Presented by: Islamic Relief Canada
The Muslim Awards for Excellence (MAX) Charity of the Year Award will recognize a Muslim run charity or not-for-profit organization that has demonstrated excellence in program design, service delivery and impact to their community.
Entrepreneur Of The Year
The Muslim Awards for Excellence (MAX) Entrepreneur of the Year Award will recognize an inspirational Muslim Entrepreneur who has had a significant and positive impact on the community through their business leadership.
Professional Excellence Award – Presented by: Cadillac Fairview
The MAX Platinum Awards for Excellence recognizes a Muslim who has demonstrated significant achievement, leadership, and made a positive impact in their community.
Woman Of The Year
The Muslim Awards for Excellence (MAX) Woman of the Year Award will recognize a woman who has demonstrated significant achievement, leadership, and commitment to serving her community.
To view eligibility criteria and to submit your nominations, click here.