Karim H. Karim is an academic who is currently the Director of the Carleton University Centre for the Study of Islam and a professor with Carleton University's School of Journalism & Communication. Karim also served as a Director of the Institute of Ismaili Studies in London, UK (2009-2011). Karim’s recent co-edited books are: Re-Imagining the Other: Culture, Media, and Western-Muslim Intersections (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014) and Engaging the Other: Public Policy and Western-Muslim Intersections (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014).
- Ph.D., McGill University (Communication Studies), 1996.
- M.A., McGill University (Islamic Studies), 1985.
- B.A., Columbia University (Islamic Studies), 1979.
Areas of Expertise
- Media Literacy
- Media Coverage of Islam and Muslim communities
- Religious Literacy
- Muslim Religious Diversity