Join the Rivers of Hope Workshop Facilitator Team to Challenge Racism and Islamophobia in Schools in the GTA and Hamilton
Rivers of Hope is a grassroots organization dedicated to challenging racism and Islamophobia using education and the arts.
Since 2018, Rivers of Hope has delivered anti-racism and anti-Islamophobia workshops in High Schools, colleges, and community organizations across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and is now expanding to Hamilton, Ontario.
Rivers of Hope is now accepting applications to join our Workshop Facilitator Team to challenge racism and Islamophobia in schools.
Do you want to challenge racism and Islamophobia in High Schools?
Rivers of Hope is currently accepting applications to join our Workshop Facilitator Team for the 2020-2021 school year.
NOTE: Our workshops will be facilitated *ONLINE* during social distancing.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Must be between 18-25 years old
- Must live in the Greater Toronto Area or Hamilton
- We prioritize applicants with lived experience of racism and/or Islamophobia
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE ROLE?
- Facilitators will be trained in facilitating Rivers of Hope's workshop, Challenging Racism and Islamophobia through Education and the Arts
- Facilitators will facilitate two workshops per school year, alongside a co-facilitator
- Facilitators will be paid $200 per workshop
- Facilitators will receive ongoing support and mentorship
HOW DO I APPLY?
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 7, 2020, at 12:00 MIDNIGHT.
QUESTIONS? NEED SUPPORT WITH YOUR APPLICATION?