South Vancouver Neighbourhood House Domestic Violence Family Support Worker
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH) is hiring a Domestic Violence Family Support Worker in Vancouver, BC.
SVNH is looking for an experienced domestic violence family support worker to work collaboratively with MCFD child protection social workers, police, crown and community-based domestic violence programs.
As part of the Neighbourhood House team of family and immigrant settlement workers, the domestic violence worker will provide direct service and referrals to other community agencies to build a network of support for women and children served.
The role will include outreach and making home visits.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary certification in counselling, social work or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in domestic violence and family support work including supportive counselling,advocacy, outreach, accompaniment and referrals
- Knowledge of and ability to work collaboratively with other community service providers and MCFD social workers
- Extensive knowledge of domestic violence issues, interventions and resources.
- Knowledge of issues and impacts of complex trauma and ongoing long- term effects of abuse on women and children
- Knowledge and experience working with family and criminal court and how to access court orders
- Experience in assisting women with children to implement safety strategies
- Knowledge of immigrant/refugee settlement and integration issues
- Demonstrated inter-cultural communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in spoken Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi, Vietnamese, or Chinese an asset
- Drivers license and access to a motor vehicle
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project reports and client records
Conditions of Employment:
Salary range: $26.34 to $27.84/hr
Benefits: Extended Medical/Dental after 3 months
Closing date for applications: until position is filled
No phone calls please, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.