Sakeenah Canada National Community Fundraising Manager
Every night, hundreds of Muslim women and children in Canada face homelessness, poverty, and trauma. Sakeenah seeks to provide a safe space for growth and empowerment for all of them. We are a safe, non-judgmental space where Muslim women and children can become self-sufficient and thrive. We are an anti-racist, anti-oppressive, not-for-profit organization serving the diverse Muslim population.
We are looking for a National Community Fundraising Manager to lead our Development Team. You will be responsible for developing and executing on fundraising strategies throughout the year - with the support of your team. You will also be responsible for reaching out to new and established community funders throughout the year, such as mosques, businesses, and foundations. To do this role properly, you must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, experience in community fundraising and be committed to making a difference.
Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Developing and executing fundraising strategies
- Fostering ongoing relationships with donors
- Planning and executing regional and national fundraising events and activities, while ensuring that all plans align with the overall strategy
- Creating a prospect list of potential community funders, including mosques and other organizations
- Recruit, train and manage regional fundraising leads across Canada
- Work with the marketing team to set goals for, and engage with Sakeenah’s Fundraising Champs (influencers).
- Expand our community partnerships throughout the year
- Report on responses and success rates of outreach, regularly
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases
- Have one-on-one meetings when necessary
- Work to agreed targets
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions
- Adheres to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Performs other duties outlined by Sakeenah
- Proven experience as an effective communicator
- Expert-level ability to maintain relationships within the organization and to work cross functionally in a highly collaborative setting
- Professional-level ability to communicate with all types of stakeholders in a respectful and effective manner, both verbally and through written forms of communication
- Professional-level ability to work competently with highly confidential data, materials and information
- Professional-level ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and files simultaneously
- Ability to manage relationships with external parties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with interpersonal and collaborative skills, the ability to build healthy working relationships, and the ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels
- Values-driven with an ability to effectively address ethical challenges that arise in the workplace
- Comfortable learning and navigating basic office IT systems and processes
- Adaptable and flexible; able to manage multiple files and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to think critically about community problems; interest in and willingness to further develop these skills within the fundraising context
- Proficiency with MS Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with G Suites Software
- Proficiency with Zoom
- Discretion in working with confidential information and materials
- Fluency in written and spoken English is necessary
- Any additional languages an asset
Must have a license and access to a vehicle, and willingness to drive across multiple cities in Canada
Please put “National Community Fundraising Manager” in the subject line, along with your full name.