Nisa Homes Project Manager (24 Week Contract)
Nisa Homes is hiring a Project Manager Full Time (24 week contract) in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Project Manager will plan, execute and oversee all research related activities that support the ideas generation for a national community based thrift store. Under the supervision of the National Manager, the Project Manager will implement all project activities within a 6 month timeline and agreed upon budget while managing the necessary relationships that sustain community engagement. Research activities include overseeing the feasibility study, market research, legal research, lead engagement groups and committees and advisory committee.
PROJECT PLANNING AND COORDINATION
- Develop timeline and create a project schedule in collaboration with the National Manager
- Develop a project budget and track all expenditures on a monthly basis for accounting purposes
- Manage appropriate staffing resources to support with project execution
- Coordinate with marketing team to develop promotional and outreach material
- Communicate changes to project plan or timeline regularly to all stakeholders
- Coordinate all project related tasks with appropriate stakeholders, volunteers, sub-contractors and external parties as required
OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT
- Develop and implement an outreach and partnership strategy to support the research and engagement phase of the project
- Plan and execute monthly community engagement activities through the following sub-committees: expert advisory committee, community engagement committee.
- Oversee employment support circles.
- Oversee outreach activities to confirm community priorities for the thrift store
- Liaise with partner organizations to support with outreach, including consultants to support with the research
- Network and maintain relationships with local stakeholders, organizations and community leaders to gain support, endorsement and funding
- Track project progress to ensure deadlines are being met for the research and engagement phase
- Report monthly progress with KPIs to thse National Manager and Executive Director
- Develop interim and final report to share back with funders
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Data Analysis
- Communication Skills (written and oral)
- Decision Making
- Strategy Development
- Leadership skills
- Time Management
- Group Facilitation/Presentation Skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree in business, communication or social services or Project Management experience
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline to apply is August 5th, 2020
Nisa Homes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with both the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA.