Jewish Family Services of Ottawa Counsellor/Social Worker/Psychotherapist (French, Arabic or Somali an Asset)
Jewish Family Servcies of Ottawa is hiring a part-time Counsellor/Social Worker/Psychotherapist in Ottawa, Ontario.
Under the supervision of The Walk-in Counselling Clinic Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for direct service provision - single session, brief therapy.
- Provides clinical counselling / psychotherapy to clients during walk-in hours
- Provides culturally-responsive and language-specific direct service including client assessment, treatment, and referrals
- Provides advocacy and referrals to help clients access relevant community services. Where necessary and useful, collaborates with other professionals (i.e. doctors, settlement workers and other health-care professionals).
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with community agencies, schools, courts, child welfare workers, etc., makes referrals and mobilizes community resources where indicated on matters relating to clients’ welfare
- Ensures quality client care that is consistent with best practices, agency standards, and evidence-based approaches (particularly brief, narrative, & solution-focused therapies).
- Maintains necessary documentation and case records.
- Participates in supervision, meetings, workshops (including professional development opportunities)
- Performs related work as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- M.S.W., M.Ed. (Counselling) or equivalent degree
- Be registered or eligible for registration with CCAP or OASW & OCSWSSW, or equivalent Professional Colleges and Associations
- Maintains or is eligible to maintain professional liability insurance through their association
- Experience in short-term, single session, strength-based, narrative counselling approaches would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in individual, couple, and/or family therapy, including brief models, with diverse client populations
- Specific knowledge / experience working with new Canadians, clients who have experienced war-related trauma, grief, loss, mild to moderate mental health issues, addictions, community conflict and issues related to family life, violence, poverty and stress.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to program need.
- We are specifically seeking bilingual candidates fluent in English as well as one of the following languages: French, Arabic or Somali. Any other language is an asset.
- Cross-cultural experience an asset.
Part-Time with opportunity to grow.
Please send a resumé and covering letter to Mirjana Pobric
Deadline: January 7th, 2019 (Applications will be accepted until January 7th, but earlier applications are encouraged).
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Jewish Family Services of Ottawa supports equal opportunity employment. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Assistant Executive Director responsible for the job posting. The Assistant Executive Director will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable the applicant to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.