Islamic Relief Canada Is Hiring An Accounts Payable ClerkWritten by Islamic Relief Canada
Islamic Relief Canada is hiring an Accounts Payable Clerk immediately.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Burlington, ON
This position is responsible for assisting in the fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with GAAP principals. The AP clerk completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices and receipts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pay vendors, contractors and any incoming bills by processing requests for payments and preparing checks and HST calculations
- Collect documentation, receipts and other back up to process and pay all company credit cards
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions into Simply Accounting
- Support the greater finance team with other tasks such as donation processing and revenue inputting, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration
- Minimum of 2 years in proven working experience as accounts payable clerk
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Apply online here.