Coalition of Muslim Women Kitchener-Waterloo Executive Director
The Coalition of Muslim Women Kitchener-Waterloo (CMW) is currently seeking an experienced Executive Director, who agrees with its vision, mission, and values and is willing to lead the organization through an upcoming period of growth.
The Coalition of Muslim Women of KW (CMWKW) is federally incorporated, not-for-profit organization that envisions creating a just and harmonious community where Muslim women are valued, engaged, empowered and recognized as leaders.
CMW's mission is to enhance communication and foster understanding between Muslim women and the larger community, while providing opportunities for personal and professional growth and leadership development for Muslim women.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization, ensuring that the organization operates efficiently and effectively to meet strategic goals.
In this role, you will represent the organization, working closely with the Board of Directors, government officials and community partners. You will ensure that staff, members, volunteers are aligned with the organization’s mission and vision and work together to successfully achieve strategic objectives.
CMW has a close-knit supportive culture; we place a high priority on communication, recognition and collaboration.
- Part time, one-year contract (possibility of renewal)
- Approximately 22 hours/week, including some evenings and weekends hours
- $30.00 per hour
- Work from CMW office, 65 Hanson Ave, Kitchener
- Start date: immediately
- Providing leadership and direction necessary for successful management of CMW consistent with the organization’s strategic plans, mission and values.
- Responsible for developing and managing new initiatives as well as enhancing, strengthening and managing existing programs.
- Developing and maintaining internal/external relationships, while assisting with fundraising, communications and public education.
- Ensuring commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
- Serving as a resource to the Board and to the staff in developing and implementing strategies and policies consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Facilitating the successful development and implementation of the strategic plan to ensure that CMW can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Working closely with Board, funders and community partners for successful implementation of projects/programming.
- Creating a culture of transparency, accountability and communication throughout the organization.
- Providing regular written and oral status reports on each project to the Board and funders as specified in grant application.
- Proactively addressing internal and external challenges and creating contingency plans to mitigate any risks.
- Responsible for developing CMW marketing strategies; increasing CMW presence online and in community.
- Responsible for fiscal management including: operating within the approved budget; ensuring maximum resource utilization; and maintaining the organization’s positive financial position.
- Evaluating current advocacy activities to address discrimination of Muslim women and developing an effective plan.
- Developing and maintaining strong media relations and responding to media requests.
- Developing CMW’s online presence including social media, marketing and communication plans.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
ED Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary degree; or equivalent employment experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior leadership role and/or management position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, public speaking, relationship development, and facilitation skills.
- Experienced in budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, attention to details, and program development from conception to implementation.
- In depth understanding of racism, issues facing Muslim women, Islamophobia with strong advocacy skills.
- Ability to convey the vision of CMW’s strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector and strong grant writing skills.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board, members and volunteers and ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
CMW respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.