Job Posting: Arabic-Speaking Multicultural Health Navigator Deadline January 25Written by Chelby Daigle
The multicultural health navigator assists newcomer clients to navigate the healthcare system. The incumbent works closely with other members of the inter-professional team to provide health education, advocacy, and practical assistance while playing an intermediary role between clients and service providers. The ideal candidate will understand and support Somerset West Community Health Centre’s mission, possess excellent interpersonal skills, organizational capabilities, and reporting abilities. The individual is motivated and passionate about working with newcomers and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
· Degree or diploma in social sciences or equivalent combination of training and experience
· Degree or diploma in a health discipline or equivalent, an asset
· Minimum two year's experience in a community-based setting
· Minimum three year's experience working with multicultural population
· Knowledge of the Canadian heath care system & social determinants of health
· Basic health assessment and interventions, as appropriate
· Sensitivity to and passionate about multicultural issues
· Awareness related to cultural competence
· Knowledge of related community resources
· Ability to liaise with external parties and to advocate for clients, and provide home visits
· Fluency in English, written and spoken mandatory
· Fluency in Arabic, written and spoken mandatory
· Other languages an asset
Personal Suitability/Other Requirements
· Successful criminal reference check
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
· Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
· Proficient use of computers and various software applications
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 at 5:00pm EST
Apply online here
If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Somerset West Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.